Sunday, January 02, 2005

An extra day

It seems like this New Year's weekend, we all got an extra day, and yesterday was Sunday and today is just an extra day. Actually, it is Sunday today, and almost time for us to go to church. It seems like a nice quiet simple day, and the day that the Christmas decorations go into their boxes and over to the extra storage unit.

The Santas are lined up and ready to go into their boxes for another year, and my Christmas Angel will be bubblepacked and taped. In my year of buying china on Ebay, I have learned a lot about safe packing of china: wrap in tissue, circle with bubblepack and tape with wide tape. Then pack it in syrofoam or packing peanuts.

I really like the decorating part of Christmas, and I have learned to be patient and try to enjoy the putting away process as well. Something carefully packed and labeled is a lot more fun to open next year than something that is wrinkled and ruined.

I've learned never to pack candles, but to keep them where I can check on them often, since they don't like any temperature changes, and there is an added problem with storing candles: mice love them. I learned this the hard way at the farm and I won't go into it here, but it wasn't pretty.

Have a wonderful, simple, after-holiday day. See you this afternoon on EQ, Mike.

/waves to all