Wednesday, January 12, 2005

It's a sunshine day

I have declared it a sunny day. I hope it really is wherever you are. Boston has seen nothing but snow, rain, and gray skies for at least two weeks now, and everyone seems under pressure to try to find the sun. You see a lot of people reading magazines about other places, or talking about cruises, or even leaving for one if they are lucky enough. A friend of mine is in Costa Rica right now, and I have been thinking about her a lot lately. The only think I don't envy her is the bill.

Today I went to the doctor, got a prescription for something she thought "might" help with this recurring virus of mine. She gave me a pat on the back and said, "you'll be over this by spring." Thanks, doc. I am actually happy to feel good enough to be at work, and eating a lunch that was not scrounged from the refrigerator. Yesterday I finished off a small tin of spritz cookies all by myself (it gets worse, I did this in bed!), and then tried to hide the empty container so George would not see it. You know you have done wrong when you try to cover the evidence. Oh well. Today is another day, yet another salad hold the dressing. A bank brought our office a tray of Rocher chocolate truffles and I'm staying happily away from them. Offices are really bad places to stay away from treats I have found. It is just a psychological pitfall...sweets in the office. Like, "Oh, I'm here aren't I? Let's have another."

Anyway, some day the sun will come out again for real, but for now, I'm just going to keep on pretending and staying out of those chocolates!

Take care, have a sunny day.