Tuesday, January 11, 2005

What to do?

What do you write about in a blog when you are home sick dying from a common cold? I developed a sore throat on Sunday afternoon, and powered through Monday at work, feeling pretty awful the whole day, went to a Board meeting until 7:30 p.m., came home, had some home-made turkey soup, went to bed, got up at 4 a.m., took two Tylenol PM (woooh, strong stuff), and slept until 9:30 this morning. I did wake up at 8 to call in at work and tell them I would not be in.

I feel like I have been hit by a small truck, but I'm alive and looking at two things. One, the sun is out, boohoo, and I am not out in it, and two, there is some wacky guy on the food channel making high fashion creations out of chocolate. I say wacky, because it seems unbelievable that anyone who is not in the chocolate business would have time to try to make any of that stuff. His Swiss accent is nice though.

Kitty tried to wake me up this morning. She was very insistent and scratched my hand a bit to try to encourage me to pet her. I hardly moved, but I did dream about a strange cat running out of my kitchen when someone from my church was cleaning out the kitchen cabinets, and someone else was talking to me about tradeskilling on Everquest. I really don't like my dreams much. Usually they are way too wierd.

So, I get my wish from yesterday morning. I get to stay home and read Stephen King's book. But, somehow, the fun is out of it until I feel better.

Enjoy this picture of the kitty cuddled up on the radiator between the window and the boxed Christmas tree (eek!) and enjoying the rays. If there is a warm place, she will find it.

Take care. I'm off to beddie. /sneeze /sniffle