Friday, January 21, 2005

Blogging all over the place

My blog subjects lately have been all over the place. I am a bit scatter-brained I think right now. I am having a hard time not worrying about my friend Linda, who is in the late stages of cancer, and when I wake up in the night, I am usually musing about that. She is obviously on a lot of painkillers, etc., but still she finds the energy to say nice things, thank people for coming, express her enthusiasm for ice cream and dinners, etc. I feel like I am learning some kind of a lesson, but do not know what the lesson is yet.

This morning I departed from my routine and Dave and I went out for breakfast before work. It is his day off, so I was up and out of the house by 7 (early for me), and we went to a diner near my office and had scrambled eggs and bacon. It was fun and for once I'm not hungry. But, my blogging time is out of kilter. Breaking routine seems like a good thing to do. Keeps me on my toes. I often get into minor difficulties because of my interest in taking chances or doing something new. I will try a new way of knitting something, veer from a proven recipe, take a new street, or try to multi-task something...and sometimes I do not get good results. But...I do it anyway, all the time. I am very aware when I do this--take a chance. Maybe it is my small way of keeping things interesting. Routine isn't something I get very excited about.

I am very happy that you are reading along with me, and I will try to break the routine enough to keep this blog interestng. It is fun for me to figure out what is in my head when I write it. I just hope that you don't see that my head is really made of swiss cheese.

Have a great day everyone, and stay happy.