Monday, November 29, 2004

Update on the china cabinet

George and I had a discussion yesterday and decided that to cut the legs to make the cabinet fit in the space in our diningroom, which is an alcove with three windows, would be too drastic. He is worried that the cabinet will just take over the room. I agree. So, he has decided that the best thing would be to get just the bottom part, and use it like a sideboard, with storage underneath, and keep the legs on it. They are rather crucial to the look of the piece I think, and if you look at the pictures below, you will see that they are very pretty and match the table.

I would have liked to raise the roof on the house to make the room higher, but alas, that is not possible. So, we calmly and collectively (without raising the roof)decided to go with our first contingency plan. The top of the "sideboard" has burled mahagany finish like the top of the table, and it will be beautiful I'm sure. Hopefully they will deliver by our Christmas party on December 11th.

I'm not only happy with this decision, but even happier that he and I can decide something together and still be friends afterward. It is the right choice. After all, I have two lit china cabinets already in other rooms. I guess you can tell that I like china.

Thanksgiving is over, I am off to work today, to see what awaits me in the land of fundraising. This is our busy season, thank the Lord.

Cheers to you all.