Wednesday, November 10, 2004

One of those days

Today is one of those days that I just have to power through. From 4:00 to 6:00 this afternoon my organization is having a fundraising event at MIT and over one hundred people will be there. I am in charge of the food and the arrangements. We have been working up to this for weeks. All food is donated, and I have a core of volunteers enlisted to help pick it up and deliver it and more volunteers waiting at the place to set it out. It will be a hectic day and both George and I are just hoping that things go well and we get through it. I will be a happy camper when this day is over.

Some days are like that. You just have to pray a lot, put on your game face, and just...power through it. I'll see you tomorrow with pictures of how the day went. Hopefully at the end of it we will have a lot of happy guests, and $15,000 to give to the homeless shelter.

Have a great day and I will too. Yes, I will.