Sunday, November 07, 2004

Sunday night project

What you can't see in this picture is that the New England Patriots are on TV, winning 40-22, thank goodness, and I'm wearing my new (large) Red Sox sweatshirt. I'm not really that interested in football this year, since I'm still recovering from Red Sox fever, but I'll watch anything if the knitting is good enough.

Everyone enjoyed the 7 cakes and the 80 cups of coffee we made for coffee hour at church this morning. I wore one of my new scarves, a lavender one, and lots of people liked it. No one said they couldn't live without one,....but maybe I can give them away to someone someday. This blue is pretty bright, but fun to work on.

The pattern I am using is a lace pattern that I made up for this long eyelash yarn. The yarn of this scarf is called Cameo, and I bought it at a craft store called AC Moore. The lace pattern is pretty much invisible because of the long eyelash, but it makes the scarf lighter and prettier than a plain stockinette. Here is the pattern: Cast on 24 stitches. Row 1: Slip the first stitch, *yo, k 2 tog* to last stitch, K1. Row 2 and all odd rows, purl. Knit until you run out of yarn, the scarf is long enough, or you fall off the chair. The ends form with a point, which is also nice.

Yes mom, I know I should be cleaning the china cabinet. :-)