Sunday, November 14, 2004

Mom's flowers

Well, I inadvertently discovered a scam to get a bouquet of pretty flowers in my home. I ordered a bouquet of flowers for church today, to put up in the front by the alter, in honor of my mother's 95th birthday which is November 30th. I just left a check and the order in the church office a couple of weeks ago. Today, after church, the alter committtee person asked if I wanted to take them home. Well, sure. I didn't intend this to happen, but I got my mom's birthday flowers and she gets...nothing. Hehe. Well, that isn't true either, since I bought her a velvet lined sewing basket for beside her chair and George mailed it yesterday. Mike and I are planning to send some flowers.com to mom when he gets here next Monday. (I am counting the days! I can't wait to see him and am planning lots of nice meals out and nice meals in...and just a lot of fun.)

Today, for the first time, I led the adult forum (like Sunday School for adults) on World Hunger and it went fine dispite the fact that when I got there to lay out my materials, I didn't have the notes that I worked so hard on yesterday. All the notes about bible verses to be read and the prayer I had written are somewhere here at home and I still haven't found them. So I adlibbed and it went fine, and I used the two posters I made last night and they helped organize my presentation. Nine people have signed up to go to the World Hunger Concert on Dec. 4th. We are part of a group that is raising $30,000 in 30 days to be sent to Lutheran World Hunger Relief. If you haven't noticed, I'm rather a glutton for punishment, and raise my hand to volunteer when I should probably put a hold on my enthusiasm. I can now click the World Hunger forum off my To Do list. It was a good thing to do, and I'm glad it's over.

Nothing much new here this afternoon, but some nice flowers to look at. Happy Sunday my friends.