Saturday, November 13, 2004

Snowy Saturday

Well, so much for hope. We have about 4" and it is still snowing. George is getting the snow blower out. He has a birthday party at his grandkids house to go to today and I am staying home to play Everquest II with Michael. Sometimes a day alone is a good thing. My cold is still hanging on, almost a month now, and I think I just need to stay home today rather than push myself through the busy days like I have been doing. I really want to feel better in time for Thankgiving. Michael arrives a week from Monday and I can't wait. We are going to have so much fun!

Everquest II is amazing and that is about all I can say about it here, since I've just started. I bought it at Target for $40 but they also have it at Best Buy. It is a brand new game that just came out this week. If you have never played an interactive game, this is the one for you. The tutorials are much better than they used to be and much easier to learn. My new character is Mayze, a little gnome Mage, (who is very cute in her little green eyeglasses like John Lennon's), level 4 so far, running around the Isle of Refuge, which is the newbie zone. From what I've heard from friends who have had it a couple more days than I have, the new world of EQII is massive and amazing. The graphics are so beautiful you can just lose yourself for a couple of hours. The ocean looks totally real, day changes to night, characters are totally individualized and even change their facial expressions. The whole world is so real you would not believe it until you see it for yourself. Talked myself into it. Time to log on and say hello to my "other world" friends.

Enjoy the day and I will too. Let it snow.