Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Thanksgiving Eve

It is a cozy night with my family all around me and I couldn't be happier. It is lightly raining outside and the news is of lots of flights canceled because of bad weather in the middle of the country, and people suffering through long delays at airports. Chicago has six inches of new snow, which is sure to cause massive problems at that busy airport that I know so well. They say that 30 million people are traveling today, and I am happy that we are all here safe and sound and together.

The pumpkin pie is still not in the oven. The ham I bought for dinner needed longer cooking that I had planned, so the pie baking is going to go on until 11 pm I think. I made a cinnamon bundt cake for dessert, as if we needed anymore of that in this house. We are having a simple dinner of baked ham, brussels sprouts and large baked potatoes for dinner. I also made a very l950's jello salad, of peach and orange jello with pears, mandarin oranges, marshmallows and bananas. It ain't fancy, but I bet it is good. I'm one of those people who still like Jello salads. Still good after all these years.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Eve my friends.