Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Wildflower Designs

On Saturday and Sunday, I have been invited by Sparks, the new crafting club that I joined, to sell my earrings and display my "crafts", at the Somerville Open Studio. For two days, from noon until 6 p.m., about 20 stores and gallerys will be open and displaying art work and crafts from local artists and crafters. I'm jumping at the chance to sell some of my earrings, and while I'm there, I might as well show some of my scarves that I made last year and see if there are any buyers for those as well. I'm also bringing the granny square afghan that I finished last summer for display. Maybe it will inspire someone else to make one, who knows.

My plan is to price the earrings at a very affordable price, and not to hope for too much. I will take a project and work there while I talk with people. On Saturday evening there is an auction for a local charity that George and I often attend, and several times we have found treasures that we couldn't live without. Can you tell that I haven't gone to work yet this week and I'm already looking forward to the weekend?

Today I am going to make the display for the earrings, and I'm looking forward to sharing them with others---since I have WAY more earrings than I could ever use.

The name of my "company" is Wildflower Designs. Wish me luck.

See you tomorrow, have a great day.