Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Weight Watchers

I'm back on the plan. I joined WW last night. $150 for 12 meetings. And they have just started charging again, $5, if you miss a meeting. I have been concerned because even though I am sorta trying to lose, or at least be careful, my weight is creeping up again and I seem to need motivation. I like Weight Watchers and have been successful losing weight there in the past. It is a good food plan, and very healthy. The doctor recently put me on cholesterol-lowering drugs and I'm not happy with that either, but it seems especially silly to be taking drugs like that, and eating ice cream at the same time. I need to eat the right whole grains, lots of fruits and vegetables and very little desserts and sweets. When I'm out of control with that stuff, I'm not a happy camper.

I liked the leader last night. She is a young, but rather serious person and spoke about weight loss and cancer prevention, diabetes, blood pressure and other diseases caused by being over weight and the health benefits of this healthy food plan. At the end of the meeting people talked about low-calorie foods that you can buy in the grocery store like low-cal mayonaise, ice creams with only 1 pt. per 1/2 cup, and how to make low-fat plain yogurt taste yummy--(add frozen fruit in the morning and let it thaw until lunchtime).

It is good for me to have other people around to talk to, and if I know I am going to weigh-in every Tuesday night, it will keep me on track and motivated. My goal? Five pounds. And then another five pounds after that. I have a pair of blue silk pants that I bought for a wedding last May that do not fit anymore, and my goal for now is to get into them, and then...another five pounds after that.

Some of us need to join a program to make big changes. It works for me!

Have a great day.