Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Gah, snow!

George is outside snowblowing 10" of new snow. The forecasters are usually right in New England, and this one they got perfect. We will be late for work today and the housecleaners just called to say they will come tomorrow instead. Schools are closed, but I have indoor parking at work, so not a lot of excuse not to get there sometime today.

I finished the chenille scarf last night and like it very much. Pictures to come. It was a knitting marathon last night to get it done in time to wear for the cold weather. It is chunky and warm. I really like knitting with wool much better than knitting with cotton or chenille, but I am up for new things. Wool is so much easier on the hands. I am a knitting factory. Just deciding where to put all the things that I produce is a problem. I have most sweaters and scarves in bins but it is definately time to give some away. Actually, I have given many things away this winter, but ... still have too much. My next project is to weave Michael's afghan together and get that mailed off to him.

We made our reservations yesterday for the cabin at the lake in Northern New Hampshire in July. Needless to say, I can't wait for that lovely week in summer.

Have to run this morning. Have a great day.