Sunday, March 06, 2005

knitting slippers

This is the slipper I finished last night. It is not right but it is close. I am working from a pattern I got on the internet and it needs some tweaking. The decreases at the toe part started too early, and too fast, and it looks like an elf bootie. I think the original ones were heavier, made with two strands. I will try again today. They are good enough to make the other slipper for a pair.

Yesterday we went to the Wrentham Outlet Mall on the way to Cape Cod. George got a London Fog waterproof jacket for $20, and I got a very nice powder pink blouse for $13. It was nice to walk around in the sunshine and we took our lunch and had a picnic in the car--something we do a lot more of when I am on the weight watcher plan. It is too bad that it is almost impossible to get healthy food in restaurants.

Today is George's flying club auction, so he will be busy this afternoon and I will have time to knit or play EQ or whatever I want to do on a Sunday afternoon. Sleep comes to mind.

Have a great Sunday and enjoy the day of rest.