Monday, March 21, 2005

First Day of Spring

Michael leaves later this morning, and I am expected back at work at noon today. The snow and rain they forecast is not here. Tulips are peeking out of the flower beds along the house and the white ones we planted at church are showing their tops. We do not need any more snow. We need more tulips!

We had a very fun family night together last night, watching movies on TV and playing around and I knit a pair of slippers for Mike to take home with him. I'm always surprised that he likes what I knit so much. I made an apple pie, and served it with ice cream about eight o'clock and woke up wishing I hadn't eaten any. It is going to be tough to lose weight this week and I'm not looking forward to Tuesday night's weigh-in. We'll see. Maybe I will get lucky and have lost a few ounces.

It seems like a rude awakening this morning to have to take Mike to the airport and go back to work. It was so nice to have him and we had such a good weekend together.

But, on with the show. Have a great day, and safe travels to you, Mike.