Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Sleep and food

Yesterday I had to leave early for work, and I had not had enough sleep. For some reason, maybe the cup of coffee I had in the afternoon, I couldn't get to sleep and when I did, it was almost midnight. Maybe I got five hours. I was tired most of the day and really had trouble staying on my food plan. Our breakfast meeting at work meant that we had doughnuts, muffins and bagels on a table right outside my office door. Finally, I was so tired of staying away from the stuff, that I put them all in a bag and went to another program and donated them to those hungry folks. People in our office were happy to see them go. Sometimes you just have to take the bull by the horns.

After wrestling down the bagel obsession, I pretty much stayed on my points for the day and I weigh in at Weight Watchers tonight. I am not going to worry about what my scale says at home, and I'm just going to stay with the plan and weigh in once a week.

I went to bed at 8:00 p.m. last night and I think my problems with wanting food all day and my lack of sleep were somehow a part of the same whole. Today is a new day and hope springs.

Michael is coming to visit in two weeks. On the way home from the airport we will stop at Bay State Lobster and pick up fresh lobsters right off the boat, and fresh seafood to cook here at home. I will boil them, spread some newspapers on the table, give everyone a cracker and boil some potatoes and corn on the cob and have a lobster feast to welcome Michael to Boston. Lobster is really good for you, and low-calorie, as long as you don't soak it in too much butter.

So, as a well-rested blogger, I wish you good day.