Monday, March 07, 2005

Enough already

I will start by saying that I am a Martha Stewart fan. I read her magazines, look at the pretty pictures, try to cook her recipes, admire her ability to decorate a cake and am happy that she sets a pretty table for me to be inspired by. I even wrote her a couple of supportive emails, although I felt a little silly doing so. But, I'm tired now. The media is just making too much of all this. She is home. She still has a career. Enough already.

Today they announced that the poncho she wore out of prison was crocheted by an inmate and given to her as a gift. She took it to her office today to show it off. I'm a little appalled by that. Women have been crocheting and knitting gifts for eons, and one little poncho gets all that razmatazz attention.

I'm going to tune in to her new show to see if it is good, and I'll continue to read her magazine, and be glad she is back. The magazine as it is without her would not have lasted long. The articles are unusally dull, and the advertising pages are not there so the magazine is thin and disappointing. Maybe it is the advertising pages that I miss, what a novel thought. Anyway, welcome back Martha, now let us get on with it.

Have a great evening.