Thursday, July 28, 2005

Things happen in threes--I hope

Last weekend, the oven stopped working. Yesterday the air conditioner in the den stopped working, and all week, the smoke alarm in the hall has gone off every time someone takes a shower. Oy. All these things are frustrating when both people work and have no time to take care of it all.

Remember the new dining room table? Well, it is a lovely table, but it actually is too large for the room, and sometimes we get really frustrated trying to get stamps and envelopes out of the drawer that only partly opens because the dining room table is in the way. I have a solution. Move the stamps. I love the table. We know it is too big. I'm trying to ignore that fact and don't want to be reminded, thank you.

The weather has cooled down by almost 30 degrees. Yesterday it was so hot in the house when I got home, that I holed up in the den, and even that never got really cool. It is not fun to be running with sweat when you are just sitting there knitting. Thank God, today is much much nicer for most of the country. We didn't get a big storm or rain, but we did ge the cool behind it.

Things will be fine. If things get too bad, I can always go into the bathroom and count 10 blessings. That always works!

Have a great day!