Friday, July 01, 2005

Jewelry class

I took a class at Sparks last night in advanced wireworking. The teacher is a young woman whose work is displayed there, and her work is flawless. Her necklaces are wire wrapped with perfection. There were eight of us in the class, and we all struggled a little to get the technique down. I discovered that I was making one wrong turn of the wire when I wrapped, and by learning this new way, each loop would now be exactly centered. I learned the tricks that I hoped I'd learn to make my work perfect too. I still have some practicing to do, but I finished this bracelet last night. I have decided to take my tools and my bead box to the cabin up north.

Today I am out of the office at noon and have a meeting at church with Pastor Keith. I'm excited about a new project there. Then the Fourth of July holiday is here. We are staying home this year, working on things at the house, making strawberry shortcake, and enjoying our preparations for vacation on the 9th.

Most of Boston is already headed for the Cape, so traffic will be light today. School is finally out this week. I feel sorry for the kids and their parents who had so many snow days to make up in June. I bet neither the kids nor the teachers felt like being there, and it must have been hard on them. But, summer is here, the Boston Pops will be playing at the Boston Commons bandshell and we are all going to have a great and safe holiday!

Have a good one! Happy Fourth!