Friday, July 22, 2005

Replacement yarn

Neither George nor I was going to be happy again until we had replaced the yarn that we threw out by accident the day we left for the cabin. If you remember, this is the story about putting yarn to go to the cabin by the front door, where a small bag of upstairs trash also was, and George thinking, rather naturally, that they were both trash and asking me. I said yes. The yarn went out to the trash truck? Well. Today I went back to the store and bought more skeins for the sweater I am starting on, another pattern, #5 needles and a cable needle: $66.00 total. I'm thrilled to be back in business with this sweater project and as I said to George, "this is a good way to get it behind us." I met a wonderful lady who owns the store and we talked for an hour and a half today about knitting. We shared our enthusiasm and our knitting war stories--projects gone bad--and had a great time talking! I'm glad we threw out the yarn! Well. Almost.