Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Fighting off the stress buggies

Ok. In a perfect world, we would not be stressed out at Christmastime. We have to try really hard to build a barrier of calm to fend off the feelings that make us want to scream. Basically, I think we all do not like change very much. It makes us crazy. And during the holidays, with so many things added to our "to do" lists, there is a lot of change to handle.

I have to admit that this morning I woke up and went to the livingroom to windex the china case where the Fenton Glass is displayed. Windexing glass at 5:45 in the morning is not my usual routine. Stress. It is true also that I have 10 lists going with details about the upcoming party on Saturday. As I plan and prepare, I am trying to take things that are unnecessary off the list, and then I think of something else to add to the bottom.

I'm determined to have fun! Darn it! I am going to NOT worry, to take some shortcuts, to enjoy my guests, and not to be so tired out I'm ready to drop before the first ring of the doorbell. I'm going to really do this the easy way. Yeah. These are my friends who are coming, not the photographers from Better Homes and Gardens.

Are we having fun yet?