Saturday, December 25, 2004

Christmas Day

We all went to the Christmas Eve service at our church. The bell choir played three carols for the prelude and it went swimmingly. The church was decorated in pink and white bouquets of roses and poinsettias and sparkly stars of pink and silver glitter made by the Sunday school children. It could not have been prettier and the whole service was very festive. I was so happy to be able to share the evening with Michelle and Mike. We came home and had apple pie and peppermint ice cream as a nightcap at midnight. We didn't need visions of sugarplums, we had the real thing.

Christmas mornings are always a mass of presents and unwrapping and laughter and fun and today is no exception. The turkey is in the oven and almost ready, but no one is hungry yet. I will probably make a dinner to take to my friend and then come home to serve ours later when we are hungrier.

I got a new Senseo coffeemaker and a new Calphalon pot among other wonderful gifts. Michael gave me Stephen King's book "On Writing", and George gave me a whole coupon book for free carwashes. I also got sweaters, pretty flannel pajamas, and...oh, lots of stuff. I used the new pot right away to make the cranberry dressing--perfect. I am drinking a cup of my "new" coffee as I write this. A long, slow, easy day of togetherness is the goal today. No shopping, no wrapping, just us together playing games and watching James Bond (of course) and looking at our presents. Michelle is going to give me some tips about Everquest II later today. After all, I am surrounded by genious.

Merry Christmas everyone.