Thursday, December 23, 2004

Good news and bad news

The good news is that Michael and Michelle arrive today and I hae the day off today. I have been up since dawn puttering around the putting stuff out of sight. How did I get so much stuff? Today it was bins of hand knit sweaters that I keep in the cool guest room when it is not in use, which is seldom. I'm not going to get rid of those sweaters, but sometimes I feel like a knitting machine. I knit more than I can use, that is for sure. I need to find someone who likes the stuff as much as I do. The problem with hand knit sweaters is that most are very warm, and it takes a cold day to wear them comfortably. They need to be carefully hand washed as well, so they are not the easiest things in the world to take care of.

I am sending along some pictures of things in my house to bring in the "silly season" as my friend in Australia says it is called.

Ok, Ok, the bad news is that George's car window will not go up. His poor car sat outside with the window down all night, but luckily for us it was a dry night. Rain expected today however. He took off this morning very early to go down to Boston to the car shop and see if they can fix it. If they need to keep the car, then we will meet up later and go to the airport in my car. Always something.

My mom tells an old story about our family. She says my brother, Gerald, when he was young (a long time ago, hehe) said, "How come other families have things happen once in a while, but in our family it is one crisis after another."

I'm off to the grocery store this morning to bring in the Christmas supplies. It is a busy time, isn't it? Seems we just can't help it.

Have a great day.

[note: things are coming together nicely. Mike just called and they are at the airport in Washington, everything is fine and on-time, and George just called to say his car is ready and he is on his way home to pick me up to go to the airport. I officially declare, as of this moment in time, that Christmas has begun. Let the good times roll!!]