Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Senseo Coffee Pod Maker

Michael bought me a new Senseo Coffee Maker for coffee pods. It is so newfangled I don't even know what to call it. But, you can see from the picture that it makes one perfect cup of foamy coffee. I did a little research on these coffeemakers by reading the reviews on Amazon. They said that the Black and Decker coffee maker was so noisy that people in the next room called out to find out what the racket was. All I can say is that this one must be quieter, but George did call up from the basement to find out what that noise was. They are noisier than regular coffee makers, but they are mercifully quick.

The coffee pot is designed to make two cups, but they don't tell you until you buy it that each cup is only 4 ounces. To me, a cup is at least 8 ounces, so I put one cup under, one pod, and hit the two cup button. Oops, that is a little weak. According to the Senseo directions, you are supposed to use two pods to make two cups of coffee. One pod for one 4 oz. cup makes a nice strong little cup of coffee. It reminds me of espresso, which is small and elegant and delicious. I like it.

The cost for a pod is about 28 cents each. 8 oz. of Dunkin doughnuts coffee is about $1.25. When I make coffee in the big pot, I would make eight cups, drink one and throw the rest away. That didn't seem like a very good idea either. Doubling the pods, means that 8 oz. of coffee costs 56 cents. According to the picture, they show making two cups at once...two spouts...but I don't need two cups. They also don't include the cups which are pictured on the box and on the advertisements, which sorta surprised me, but I don't know why.

This is boring. I hate numbers. I especially don't like math at breakfast time. I like good coffee. I am happy to have my pod maker, since I am the only one in this house who even drinks coffee, and one cup is all I have time for before I race out the door. The coffee is foamy and goodtasting and hot and fast. And one cup is just right for my collection of china coffee cups.

Who could ask for more? Thanks Mike! I love it.