Wednesday, August 31, 2005

When we need help, we ask for it

George and I have decided that we will visit the photography shop tonight and work on setting up a better photo studio here at home for my jewelry. Using the lights we have, a lot of my photos of jewelry are not coming out the way I want them to, and some are very disappointing. It may have only to do with better lighting, or it may have to do with some setting on the camera that I am not using right. I never really thought that it would make so much difference, but when taking pictures of these tiny sparkly earrings, with all the different stones, it really does make a huge difference. Right now the lighting is coming out "orangey" and some times, it just doesn't catch features at all. My black crystal earrings came out like little back holes in the photo, and my red glass earrings look dark and dull. The earrings are so pretty and sparkly and the photos are just very dull. Time for some re-thinking and re-working of this part of the Ebay process. They warn you in the beginning that good photos are 90% of it, and I do believe they are right. So,...we're off tonight to ask for help and get some lessons in photography.

We are sending some money to the Red Cross to help those poor people in the Gulf Coast. I can't help thinking about the thousands that are stuck in that hot superdome, surrounded by water and in need of clean bathrooms. They probably never drempt it would be so bad when they lined up to go in, and now most have no place to go home to. It is so sad. Those of us who have it so good need to help others who don't,...and I'm just very grateful this morning for all that I have, and the people in Louisiana and Mississippi are going to need help for a long long time to come. This really is out US Tsunami, and now we are all going to have to pitch in to help where we can.

On that cheerful note, have a great day, and we'll stick together and help each other and pray for those people who have lost everything.