Monday, August 29, 2005

New Orleans

I have written in this blog before about how much George and I love New Orleans. I had never been there before three years ago, but now I've grown to really like it there. The people are so nice, considerate and so friendly. It is a touristy kind of place, and yet people are just nice to be with. We spent Christmas there last year, and love to stay on St. Charles street by the trolley line. There are so many beautiful homes, interesting places to shop and browse, and really good restaurants. I can't even bear to think of what they look like now.

On Sunday afternoon, all George and I could do was watch the impending disaster of Katrina on the weather channel and CNN. It was awful to contemplate all those historial buildings and streets under water. On a good day, it looks like the buildings and stores in the French Quarter are held together with baling wire and chewing gum. I can't even imagine what has happend to them now. The hurricane has been there for 12 hours, and we will see on TV tonight what is left. I am so sorry for the folks who are huddled in the Super Dome, and those who chose not to leave their homes and are now are their roofs. I am here in Massachusetts hoping for the best in Louisiana.

Ebaying has taken up a lot of my time the past few days. I have sold a few pair of earrings and hope my jewelry catches on soon. It isn't a profitable venture, but I am happy if I can spread some of the glitter around.

God Bless New Orleans. See you tomorrow.