Monday, August 15, 2005

Home Alone

I had three days to do whatever I wanted, and I managed to mess up and clean up the house about three times. I'm happy that George is on his way home today and will arrive on Tuesday. The weather was humid and hot, and it was difficult staying cool this weekend. I went shopping, managed to back into someone in the parking lot of Barnes and Noble (no damage to the other car thank gooodness and only a scratch on my bumper), and went to see War of the Worlds. I'm not a movie critic, but it was ok. Not great, but ok. I made dinner for myself yesterday, but didn't really enjoy eating it alone. I'd rather cook for someone else, frankly. Eating good meals while one is alone is a challenge I find. My mother lives alone, and always manages to make herself very good meals--and she is 95 years old. That should tell us something about eating right.

Yesterday I made a necklace and talked to friends on the computer. George is having a good time in Hawaii, and is shopping for all of us at the mall near his hotel near Waikiki Beach. I will be happy to have him home. Taking care of this house is a lot of work! A storm blew through yesterday afternoon, with a big display of thunder and lightning, cooling things off by 20 degrees, and taking care of watering the lawn.

I'm up early this morning and getting my head wrapped around the idea of going back to work. I photographed jewelry this weekend and put it up for sale on Ebay. We will see what happens. This is just the beginning of a profitable venture I hope. I love making jewelry and have a lot more than I can wear, so it is time to offer it to others.

Have a great day.