Monday, August 22, 2005

George is home!

George arrived home from Hawaii on Sunday at noon. The cab pulled up and George popped out with his luggage full of souvenirs and gifts for me. We went upstairs and he pulled out all this fantastic stuff: dried pineapple, Kona coffee, chocolate covered Macadamia nuts (uh oh), four beautiful Japanese fans, 3 live orchids to plant, lovely 14K gold and carnelian earrings,a ceramic fish and a ceramic shell candle holder and about five shell bracelets and necklaces. Am I spoiled? You bet. I'm wearing a necklace and bracelet today. I have decided I really like shell and macrame bracelets because they are light and easy to wear and don't interfere with typing. I now have a lot of them. He also brought a pillow cover for me, and one for my mom, quilted in patterns of flowers, like iris and orchids. They are quite beautiful. George worked hard to make sure he didn't miss any shops I think, and he went to Hilo Hatties so many times they are probably on a first name basis: "Hi Hattie", "Hi George". Anyway, it was lots of fun.

I am very happy to have him home. It was a hot day and humid day here on Sunday and George had quite a "to do" list. High on the list was installing the new Vonage cable phone sytem. It was not an easy job, and tech support, of course, was in India, but finally after about 3 hours George finally got all the cables right and it worked. I used my cell phone while he is was in Hawaii, because our phone service had already been disconnected and I wasn't about to try to run those cables and wires by myself. I'm really glad I didn't try.

Anyway, George is home, the birds and Thunder and I are all happy to see him safe and home again. He had a good trip, left the Hawaiians restocking their shelves, and all is good.

Have a great day.