Monday, August 01, 2005

Lemonade recipe

Some times it is a little harder to make lemonade out of lemons. Some days are like that. My personal philosophy is that you have to weather the storm, take it easy, do something that makes you laugh, and roll with the punches. Stuff happens, things come and go. The change in my work hours -- a cut back to 30 hours a week -- has brought on a case of the blues, I guess you could say, and although going to a comedy spot to see Jimmy Tingle and laughing till I had tears running down my cheeks, and baking yummy chocolate chip cookies, and going to church to see my friends, helped--I'm still stirring sugar into the lemonade to make it sweeter.

I bought some new clothes for my mom. She likes Alfred Dunner and they had a sale at Filene's, so I bought her two shirts, two pants and four pair of earrings. She called and was very happy to get them and miraculously they all fit. Like all of us, mom has a certain look, and I can tell when she will like something. I had a good time browsing through the sale rack and I got %75 off on most items. Hearing her sweet voice telling me how much she enjoyed opening the "little box with so much in it", made more sugar for the lemonade.

Have a great day and keep stirring!