Monday, February 28, 2005

Movies

The furnace in the basement is chugging away. The weather outside is not frightful--yet, but it is cold and the sky has that thick gray look of snowstorm on the way. Snow is expected for around 3:00 this afternoon. Michael will be getting snow this morning just in time to for them to send everyone home again. It is time to batten down the hatches one more time.

My weekend was full of fun and relaxation. We shopped, went to church, watched the Academy Awards more than we planned to, and I worked on a scarf made with bulky chenille. It isn't the most fun yarn to work with, but when I'm finished it will be warm and snuggy and I'm sure I will like wearing it. I read recently that knitters are separated into "project" oriented and "process" oriented. I am of the "project" type; interested in finishing to see what the end result will be. Although I am also interested in knitting a cable sweater in the near future, and that is definately a "process" job. I should use cotton yarn so I can wear it this spring.

Snow doesn't keep us down anymore. We are used to it, and everyone will shovel out and go to work tomorrow as usual. Just like the Academy Awards, it is another day at the office. I only have one thing to say about the Academy Awards: it is too rehearsed and too much about fashion and what people are wearing and not enough about great film making. That is the fault of networks like E and Style, and all those who show the red carpet 24 hours a day. I have a lot of films I want to see, and that is next on the agenda for our free time. Motorcycle Diaries, Y Tu Mama Tambien and Maria Full of Grace to name just three.

Have a great day.