Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Home safe and snug

We had a little delay last night at the Baltimore airport, but it was not so bad as it could have been. Most flights were delayed because of weather elsewhere, but our flight was only 30 minutes late leaving. We came into Manchester, New Hampshire at 9:00 p.m. There was 4" of snow on the ground, and at the airport parking lot, I was shoveling show with my bag as we walked to our car. The roads were a little treacherous because of freezing rain, but we took our time and made it fine. It was nice to remember that we were sitting in the sun on a bench outside the restaurant yesterday waiting for a table. I like going warmer places. Kitty is good, lonesome, and glad to see us.

George has to shovel about 5" of snow on our driveway for us to get out today and I am going to call in late to work. They are calling this ocean-effect snow on the weather channel, (MTV for oldtimers). I'm just a little pooped around the edges today, so I plan to go in around noon. I don't think anyone will mind.

We had a lovely time in Washington DC and it was really good to get out of the snowy Northeast for awhile. I'm ready for spring! I told George on the airplane last night that I can wait to get out in the garden again. Enjoy the pansies.

See you tomorrow.