Thursday, September 01, 2005

Medford Arts Fair

On Saturday, September 10th I am going to have a table at an art fair near Boston. i have been making earrings to sell and will also sell crocheted wire necklaces. George is helping me by shopping for a table and I bought a new purple tablecloth that I think will look nice with the sparkly jewelry. Display is half the reason why people will come look at my jewelry, and I'm busy thinking about how to set up different heights of levels of necklaces and earrings and other ways to make the display interesting and pretty.

Last night I took a flyer about the art fair off my kitchen bulletin board and panicked completely. It read that the fair was August 27, and I thought I had missed it. I called Michael for support, since I felt like such an idiot. I was wondering what on earth I was going to do with all this jewelry I had been making. But...lo...I called my Sparks craft studio friend, and she said that the date was Sept.10, and that the flyer I had pinned to the wall months ago was a date that had been changed. Whew. I thought I was losing it for sure.

Making beaded earrings seems to be keeping me going right now. I'm so concerned and sad about the state of affairs on the Gulf Coast that it is good to have something else to think about and work on. After September 11th, there was a psychologist on television who said that we all must try to limit some of our exposure to all the bad news, that we can't watch it 24/7 and still keep our own psychological well being. So, even though we are very worried about others, we need to keep a balance and try to stay healthy ourselves.

So I will make jewelry, and keep praying.

Have a good day.