Thursday, September 08, 2005

A long day but a fun day

George is off playing in a golf tournament today. God Bless Him. We will root root root for the home team, since he hasn't played golf but once before in about ten years. Last time, he went with co-workers, and got low score--and was on cloud nine for about a week. Today, I fear, his beginner's luck may be over, but he decided to go anyway and have fun. There is a pile of golf balls in front of the garage door, I assume they are there because he was "rooting" around for his rusty clubs at 6 a.m. this morning. Well, if not rusty, at least not pristine. He left at "O dark hundred" as he would say and I was tucked away in my beddie.

Today however, is a long one for me. My social life tonight includes dinner with a co-worker, and then a class at the Sparks studio in chandelier earrings. Although I have made them before, I feel like there is still more to learn, and this is a teacher who I have never met before. I go armed with my little leather case, my envelopes of silver wire, ear loops, and briolette crystals. We shall see if I can create some new earrings in time for the art fair on Saturday in Medford.

I signed up today for another craft show at a church on October 22. I'm hoping to find a few more fans there. Somewhere, there must be people who like sparkly earrings as much as I do!

So, I'm at work, waiting for the bell to ring, so that I can recess to dinner at Koreana, my favorite Korean restaurnt, and then on to a fun evening.

Have a great day!