Friday, September 09, 2005

Happy Friday morning

I got home last night at 9:00 after a long day and an evening jewelry class in chandelier earrings. I was a bit tired, but George won the tired contest. He played a very-unusual-for-him 18 holes of golf yesterday at the company golf tournament. He seemed to play very well, and enjoyed himself, but he came home talking about how good the Gatorade tasted. There was a banquet lunch and he said he had a "lot" of lunch, and he was happy to go to bed last night. A day like that can take a lot out of you, folks.

I had a delicious Korean dinner with my friend Dave, and we laughed about how different the food was then what we thought we had ordered. I had a nice place of deep fried meat, that looked like pork, and he had a bowl of very red broth with ribs and transparent noodles. They served all the little white dishes of Korean sides like sea weed and pickles and kim chee. Neither of us expected quite what was served to us, but we had fun talking about it as we munched away. Korean food can be hot, and of course, we looked at the little pepper by our selections on the menu and ordered them anyway. Bring on the Tums. It was fun, we really enjoyed talking about New Orleans and our trips there, and it made me nostalgic enough that I listened to BB King and Eric Clapton all the way home.

Today is Organize for Art Fair day around here. I made some new earrings that I will NOT sell, but will wear myself. With over 6 feet of silver wire in this particular pair of chandeliers, I think I will never be able to sell them for what they are worth. Six feet! Can you believe it?
Have a great day!