Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Jewelry obsession

With all the news that I am reading about the disaster on the Gulf, I have drowned my sorrows in beads. I have made 7 bracelets, 4 pair of earrings, and two necklaces in the last two days. This is my latest one that I finished tonight. I am hoping that others will like them as much as I do. Maybe when I am rich from selling jewelry, I can donate it all to the Red Cross.

I really love making them and they are pretty, each one. I'm starting to realize I think of them as "children". That is what artists have to worry about--when to stop working on something and let it go. It is good for me to work on something sparkly and full of light, when we are all so worried about the survivors of Hurrican Katrina and what we can do.

Tomorrow is my short day at work, and I will visit the bead store on my way home and then I plan on making a few more items to sell at the Medford Art Fair on Saturday. Such is my life.

Have a great day.