Wednesday, May 25, 2005

A Nor'easter heah

The wind is blowing at 40 miles an hour. A rain storm has come to New England, blown out over the ocean, where it is circling back in on us--again and again. It is 42 degrees this morning and trees are toppling over from the wind and the excess rain. Flooding is a real possibility. They are predicting 65 mph gusts for tonight. We have a forecast that only a sea monster would love. The news this morning said that the warning is for seaweed in your front yard. I'm wearing a sweater that I dug back out of my winter bins. Only a week until the official start of summer and we are wearing coats and hoods.

I'm bringing my lunch today and going to Sparks to sit and read beading magazines. Being a member there, and having the place in the same building where I work has been a huge blessing. It is place to go on my breaks that I have mostly to myself during the day.

I watched American Idol for the first time last night. I switched back and forth to NCIS, which is a program that both George and I enjoy. A principle character - the pretty girl - got killed on NCIS last night and left us both aghast.

I watched American Idol last night because of a conversation yesterday with one of our board members who was very excited about the results of the finale last night. I wanted to know what all the buzz was about. My friend is a Bo lover. Carrie is from Oklahoma. What can I say? My first-timers opinion is that this is all about TV and not about the music. I was not very impressed. I didn't think that either of them were particularly musical or creative, but boy, you have to give it to them for guts. It is so hard to perform under such pressure in front of millions of people. It is a wonder they don't crumple to the stage in a heap. Carrie pulled off an terrific display of courage when she belted it to the end. I enjoyed watching it in bits. I am not a fan of American Idol. But, I am putting my vote out right here--Bo. Don't tell the folks in Oklahoma. Maybe it's a girl thing. [Thursday night edit: I have changed my mind...I like Carrie after all. I'm embarrassed about even having an opinion on this. But it's an Oklahoma thing *thang.]

If I really want to lose weight I'm going to have to stop eating ice cream and George's wonderful cookies. That's the whole truth and nothing but the truth. And I am going to have to stop TVing, computering, and beading when I get home at night and start going for long walks. I'm at the end of my coupon book at Weight Watchers and not ready to shell out another $135 right now. I'm in a quandary and undecided what to do. This the stage where I get discouraged. The scale is wavering and going back and forth over the same three pounds - round and round, just like the weather. Losing weight is no joke--it is really hard to do. I am not going to stop trying, that I know.

Have a great day.