Thursday, May 05, 2005

A busy week

It is Thursday and it seems that I am still not over the weekend. I have been looking for things ever since. Today I found the camera in a tote bag with an extra shirt that I took along, and last night we found my lost sunglasses in their new case which was in yet another totebag in the back of George's car. We are like nomads. We carry a lot of stuff around in our cars. I wish I had a nice neat car like most people, but mine is full of cases of soda (for the office), cases of water (for me), various office papers left over from meetings, tote bags, gloves and umbrellas (we live in Boston), and if I'm not real careful--yesterday's lunch leftovers. All I need is the yurt.

This is the necklace I made last night. I went to bed early but couldn't sleep yet, so I got back up and finished this necklace at the diningroom table. It is knotted with blue silk and the cool thing is that it is made with tiny seed beads. It takes patience to knot seed beads. I thought it would be small and a little sparkly and would be nice this summer with t-shirts. If summer ever comes. It is only in the 50's here on a warm day.

I'm off to Oklahoma on Saturday morning, where it is always summer. I'm packing the littlest of suitcases and taking two pair of shorts and some sandals. It seems a long time since I've been warm, so I'm looking forward to Oklahoma weather. Of course, this is tornado season in tornado alley, so...wish me luck.

Have a great day.