Saturday, May 14, 2005

Howdy Doody

I feel like I am wearing someone else's teeth. Like a cross between Howdy Doody and Mr. Ed. These are the temporary veneers that were put on my four front teeth yesterday to lengthen and straigten and put a cap on a tooth that was crowding the others. The permanent ones will not look exactly like this and I can make small changes of I want too. The permanent veneers will be put on the end of May, and until then, I wear, and be careful with, these temporary veneers. I was three hours in the dentist chair yesterday morning, with one bathroom break at which the dentist said, "if you promise not to look". I didn't! One of my troublesome teeth is because I was in a bad car accident as a teen and broke my jaw in several places. Where the break occured in front, the tooth moved over the years, and caused a space. It wasn't bad, no one would notice, and my teeth could have stayed the way they were. But, insurance covers this for the most part, and...if not now, when? So that tooth is now drilled away and covered with a very nice looking tooth that fits the space. No more trouble with that rascal! Technology changes our lives in very significant ways these days.

Now you know more about my teeth than you ever wanted to know I'm sure. But blogs can be about anything and mine is about whatever I'm thinking about. With someone else's teeth in my mouth--that is what I'm thinking about!

Last night for dinner I wanted only soft stuff, so I had yogurt, pudding and ice cream. Not a very well balanced meal for a weight watcher, so I have to stay on the beam today.

George is gone, the house is quiet and I slept until 9:00 this morning. A rare blessing. I am off to find out what kind of trouble I can get into by myself today.

Have a great day and don't forget to smile!