Tuesday, May 31, 2005

A new smile

My permanent veneers are now in place and no longer will my teeth fall out into my cereal. Well, it wasn't that bad, but it felt like it. The temporary veneers were just too temporary for me. Three times in two weeks I had to make an emergency visit to the dentist's office for a repair job. It was not good. Now I have the new permanent veneers and the bills to match. Whew. Expensive. More $$ than I thought. I'm going to be severely limiting my shopping for the summer. When I told my mom, she said, "Well, that's ok isn't it? How much stuff do you still need?" She's right. I will have to find a new hobby, like taking long walks. New teeth, new smile, new healthy hobby. My mom has always been a big supporter of taking care of one's teeth, and the dentist said that these new veneers will last the rest of my life. No more little gap on the side, and my teeth are nicer than they have ever been in my life.

I am going to make walking after work an obsession. Somehow it doesn't work for me unless I get really crazy for something. Crazy for purses, crazy for Noritake china, crazy for making crochet wire necklaces...you get the idea. So, now I'm going to be crazy for walking. I simply must!

Time to call it a day. Blogging in the morning is not possible tomorrow because I have an early morning meeting and a new resolve to get to work earlier as a general rule. Early to bed, early to rise.

Goodnight all. Have a great Wednesday.