Friday, May 20, 2005

Beading frenzy

I was up at 6:00 a.m. this morning to work on the necklace that is in this picture. I wanted to wear it today because there is an open house at Sparks for members only tonight. I am bringing oatmeal cookies that George made last night. He is taking his son and wife to Logan at noon for their trip to California. They are very excited about this trip and asked for cookies, so George left with a bag for them this morning.

I really love crocheting with wire and I can already see that I am going to run out of beads and money before this fetish if over. Fetish is a little strong. Anyway, I am looking for bead shows in the area where I can get some beads at wholesale prices.
The wire comes in spools of 125 feet, and George figured out with the curves and knots of crochet, I could make thirty feet of necklace with that. I think I am halfway there already.

It has been a busy week. This weekend I am cooking dinners for my friend who is undergoing radiation and is now suffering from anemia. He needs a little home-cookin' to help him feel better. I'm going to to make spaghetti with spinach meatballs tonight and also a chicken divan. I printed out all the foods that help with anemia and gave it to him. He is so tired it is an effort to go to the grocery store, so I am going to call him this morning from work and find out what I can do to help.

Off to the races. Have a great weekend in Virginia Mike and Michelle and we'll see you on Monday. I hope you have a wonderful time!! Enjoy.

Have a great Friday.