Saturday, May 28, 2005

Hallelujah! The Sun!

My gosh what a beautiful morning! The sun is shining for the first time in 12 days! We have had a series of nor'easters over the ocean bringing in wind and rain and misery for those who want to wear flipflops and feel the sun on their faces. Memorial Day weekend is here! George and I went to bed early in anticipation! We are going to go to a tag sale this morning at the American Friends in Cambridge, and I hope to find some antique beads that I can cut apart and use for my necklaces. George will find more whatever. We always have fun at this sale, there is a lot of good stuff from the rather wealthy folks in Cambridge that give their stuff to the Quakers for this sale. They have beautiful old stuff, including jewelry, gowns and furs.

Then we are off to New Hampshire for a one-day road trip. There is a wonderful yarn store in Henniker, New Hampshire called the Fiber Studio, and I'm going to hunt for some cotton yarn to make a summer sweater. I don't have a knitting project going right now because of all the beading I've been doing...so it is time to get on the sticks. My favorite chinese restaurant is down the road and if we are there around lunchtime I'm sure we'll be there.

On the way back we will go to the Kittery, Maine outlets and shop at the Corning outlet where we find nice things to help us host parties and coffee hours. The last time we were there I found insulated zipper bags for casseroles for $1 each. Then we'll go to look at the beatiful china at the Vileroy and Boch store, my favorite, and then on to the Mikasa, Lenox, and Reed and Barton stores. Sometimes we stop for a bowl of chowder or a lobster sandwich at the outlet mall clam shack.

All round a wonderful morning to make plans for three days of fun and frolic. Have a great Memorial Day Holiday. God bless us all.