Thursday, October 26, 2006

All the news thats fit to print

That is the slogan of the New York Times, or used to be. Gosh how I love the New York Times. I used to get the Sunday paper every Sunday, and loved reading through all the sections. It is hard to get, and you have to reserve a copy to get it. I am not getting it here, that is for sure.

Hello from Oklahoma, where the wind comes right behind the rain. Today is a perfectly beautiful sunny day, mild and bright. The forecasters, however, say that we may have storms this afternoon. I don't see how, but...

My mother is recovering from a slight heart attack. I am here to take care of her. I have been here since Friday, and plan on staying at least another week. She is much stronger, and able to do more for herself. The first night I was here, I was up every two hours, to help her, but I don't have to do that any more. I am glad that I am not a new mother! Whew.

I am a good nurse. I am probably the best nurse my mother could have. I know what she likes to eat, and I prepare tasty and healthy meals with her no-salt, limited sugar, diet. She loves fruit with her meals. Pork chops need applesauce, chicken saute needs mandarin oranges, you get the idea. My mother has always been like that. I was looking at an old cookbook in which she had added clippings from long ago. Almost all of them are for meat dishes with fruit in them. That's just her favorite.

Today I made cranberry sauce, and she is going to have roasted Rock Cornish Game Hen & green beans. Also, a meal is not a meal without a potato, so that will be on the menu too. After cooking all this delicious food, I was hungry, and ran out to get a pizza for myself last night! I was hungry for someone else's cooking, even if it was little Caesar's. Pathetic, huh?

If there is one thing I miss, it is being able to sit down and create new jewelry. I miss that the most. My friend is going to send me my tools and some beads, and I will make a trip to Hobby Lobby to find some pretty beads to make keychains. I am going to have to hurry to get things ready for two craft shows that I have in November. Time is running out.

Being where I need to be, doing what I need to do, and being the best nurse that I can possibly be seems like the thing to do for now. Mom is 96, had a bad scare, is weak and needs my help. I'm here mom.

Have a great day!