Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Some mornings you just gotta be grateful

I woke up this morning and realized that I had a wonderful dream last night about dancing at a party with a diverse bunch of folks, including some who I work with. I guess you just have to be grateful for a dream like that, and a good night's sleep. I am up with the birdies this morning, after working until 8:30 last night. The bundt cake, brownies and cookies were a success and even though the caterer arrived late with the sandwiches, it was a good meeting, and a dedicated bunch of people. Today I get three hours of comp time, so I will be home early this afternoon to enjoy the clean house when the cleaning people leave.

George stayed home yesterday afternoon and put up the fencing and the tomato cages to help keep Chuckie out of the garden. So far, the little vials of fox urine are doing their job. We haven't seen much of him this year, so maybe someone else has a nicer garden. The doves are enjoying their birdbath, and we seem to have a whole cadre of them this year. Their soft cooing sound is very comforting, and it is because they like our fresh water and our sunflower seed that they stay around. George is happy to have the goldfinches back eating seed from the high feeder he put on the pole. No chance the squirrels will bother that feeder, which is about 20 feet in the air. Feeding the birds is his territory, and he does a great job of it. We have finches and woodpeckers and jays and cardinals, as well as a thousand sparrows and a few bright yellow goldfinches and their muted mates. The back yard is a busy place.

The weather is sunny and around 80 today. George said that the weather in Washington is going to be great this weekend, and I can't wait. I'm concentrating on packing light and still having clean clothes without doing laundry. Who has time to do laundry when you are having so much fun!

I'm coming, Michael! Woohoo!

Have a great day.