Monday, June 20, 2005

Some mornings are like that

I am blogging from my desk at work this morning. I work up at one o'clock this morning, and for the life of me, could not go back to sleep. There was nothing keeping me awake but my own thoughts. Finally I got perturbed enough that I got up at three and had a bowl of cereal and half a banana. When I went back to bed I slept like a baby until eight this morning. Late for work, but not by much.

I baked yesterday and brought chocolate chip cookies, a lemon bundt cake and brownies to the office for a meeting tonight. Maybe enough brownies that I get points. I decided that I had the time, I had the lovely big Kitchen Aid mixer, and that I would save the company a little money. It wasn't hard.

Yesterday George went with the kids to see the new Batman movie at the IMAX theatre. He said it was wonderful and I bet it was. I stayed home and watched the US Open Golf Tournament, which was also wonderful. I'm no golfer, but that course looked so hard that it had the best players in the world on their knees at the end. The best man won, a New Zelander named Michael Campbell, but I secretly was routing for Tiger, who was making a magnificent try to win after coming from way behind. It was a nice weekend to bake, watch golf and work on my knitting project. Not much to write home about, but a nice time at home.

Have a great day.