Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Little Miss Sweaty Mess

I went for my walk tonight as far as the duck pond. It was about 2 miles. It was fun going there, and I stopped to look at six adolescent geese and their mom and dad as they swam across the pond and came close to me eating grass and seeds. They were very cute. Then I started back. Uphill. By the time I got home, the lawnchair was looking awfully good and George brought me water. When I exercise, I really work up a sweat and there is no possibility of going anywhere afterwards. It takes me a full hour to cool down from an hour's walk.

But I did it and I will do it again tomorrow, and the day after that. I have committed myself to walking every day for one hour, and on weekdays that is from six to seven o'clock. Every darn night. Why not. If I can spend that much money on my teeth, I need to work on the rest of me too.

George is outside mowing, and then it is a baked chicken dinner and a trip to BJ's to get a case or two of Fruit20, my other obsession.

Have a good evening. Just say yes to walking!