Saturday, June 25, 2005

Saturday morning in Alexandria

I am having a great time relaxing at Michael's house. The weather is beautiful and the kitty is in her bed at the open window checking out the birds and other wildlife. I made scrambled eggs and had a slight disaster with a salt shaker, but they were edible and I added extra cheese to try to make them yummier. We played EQ this morning for awhile and I added a lot of experience to my main character, Ranger Elfauna, and we are not even ready to leave the house yet and it is almost noon. I guess that is what vacations are fun---relaxing and having fun!

Michael wrote an article about journals and for some reason, I collapsed into laughter. It is a good article, and I'm so happy that he is the person he is, interested in all sorts of things and extremely talented. I think I was laughing out of sheer joy in his work.

I read a book called Sarah, by Marek Halter. I am going to send it to my mom because I'm sure she will like it. It is a novel about Sarah and Abraham from the Bible, and was quite an entertaining story. Next I start on a new book I picked up at Barnes and Nobel on Thursday night called The Samurais Garden by Gail Tsukiyama. That is another thing that vacations are good for--lots of reading.

Michael took me to Beadazled, a big thriving bead store in Tyson's Corner Mall and I bought a basket full of strands of beads, individual beads, two boxes of pretty assorted and color matched beads and more wire and clasps. It was quite a haul and I'm really excited to get started in my new necklace business. Mike is going to help me set up a good website, with paypal for the payment option, and we will see how it goes from there. Can't hurt to try. The lady at the store had never seen a crocheted necklace like the one I was wearing and told me to write an article for beading magazines and they would include my web site which would give me exposure. She was a very nice lady, knew exactly how to help me find the beads I wanted, and was very helpful. I had a great time.

Today we are going to a Brazilian barbecue place called Greenfields near Baltimore to meet Michelle for an early dinner. The food just keeps coming there, so we have to go with big appetites. That is another thing vacations are good for--food!

George said the neighbors told him that two mornings they had seen a fox in our yard. Woohoo. Maybe Chuckie the destructive wood chuck will quietly slip away and find a new home. Or maybe the fox is attracted by the fox urine we are spreading around the tomato garden. Interesting.

Have fun today, George. Have a great day everybody.