Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Wildlife alert!

Fat Chuckie was out in the driveway this morning, lounging around under a leafy branch of a bush and noshing on bird seed. Sunflower seeds are very popular in our yard and we have lots of cardinals, blue jays, woodpeckers, doves, finches, grackles and sparrows. They love us. George changes the food for them every day and has suet in feeders as well.

I was watching Chuckie out the window this morning and I hear barking from the upstairs bathroom window. It was George. Chuckie quickly moved for cover at the sound of the new dog in the neighborhood. Never fear, he'll be back.

Thunder was doing her imitation of the great white hunter during the night sometime and presented us with a little trophy mouse at the foot of our bed this morning. She had not given a hint that she knew where a mouse was, nor had she made any noise in the night. One time, she gallantly brought me the dead mouse and put it on my pillow next to my head. Thanks, Thunder, for not giving me another freakout like that one!

Have a great day.