Saturday, August 20, 2005

Playtime

I went to a store in Arlington, Massachusetts called Playtime today. You have to read my blog to understand what it is like to drive from my house to Arlington. I had to follow my nose, and meander through different towns and through multiple rotarys, but I got there is a relatively straight line, and was very pleased with myself. There is NO way I would be able to tell someone how to get there. Playtime is a store that has everything to do with hobbies. The only thing on my shopping list was sterling silver wire and leaf charms, but I ended up with a little bag full of beads and goodies, like I always do.

At Playtime, there are two floors, and the bottom floor is all about beads, ribbon, knitting, and who else knows what. While I was there I was able to help a very nice lady and her grand daughter pick out yarn and needles so the lady could teach her how to knit. We had a nice time picking out the right yarn for a beginner, in a color that she would like. I remember those days. It is fun to be able to help someone else learn something that has brought me so much pleasure. Knitting is my first love, but not my only love, by any means. I also found pretty tissue and ribbon to wrap the items that people buy from me: wishful thinking.

While I was there, George called from Hawaii to say it is time for him to pack up and say Aloha to his room of 10 days. He has one bed in his room at the Doubletree covered with souvenirs and gifts and it is going to be very fun to see all that he has picked out. We are both ready for each other's company. The house is too lonely and I am ready for a little ruckus around here. Thunder needs a steady hand to hold her while I brush her, and the birds outside need the tender loving care they get from George. They go through a whole liter bottle of sunflower seed every day, and are waiting for more in the afternoon. The pretty and delicate goldfinches eat much less, but I had to refill their tall bird feeder today as well. Right now, the doves are taking a bath and I'm going to watch a baseball game. We are all waiting for George to come home.

Have a great Saturday. See you tomorrow.