Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Happy Hawaii

George left for Hawaii this morning. A rather rushed departure, since the alarm clock was set to the wrong station and he overslept and had only 20 minutes before the taxi came. But, we made it. Since he's flying first class, we didn't pack a lot of snacks, only two bottles of water. He always carries an extra set of clothes in his carry on bag in case they lose his luggage.

I have a funny story about that. When we went to New Orleans for Christmas, I was watching him pack his carry on bag with extra clothes, etc. and I was adamant that he didn't need all that, and to make his life simpler, he should limit what he carrys on the plane to a book and little else. We got to New Orleans. Guess what. His luggage was lost. They found it before the day was out, but we laughed about that for the whole trip. Needless to say I don't interfere any more when he packs his bags.

He's only been gone five minutes and the house already seems quiet.

My goal today is to put two necklaces up for sale on Ebay, link them to my web site, and see how it goes. Taking pictures is the fun part. I know there is nothing like them being offered for sale, and even the woman who works at Bedazzled, a huge bead store in Washington DC had never seen anything like them. She told me to write an article for a bead magazine about how to make them. I'm not too interested in teaching, but I love making them. I have two art fairs coming up and need to get my inventory ready. Have a great time in Hawaii, George, boy oh boy do I wish I was there!

Have a great day!