Friday, August 12, 2005

Luxury

I am feeling very luxurious and grateful this morning. I have the whole day in front of me to do whatever I want. I like having Friday's off, and I enjoy not having a lot of plans for those Fridays. Actually, I probably have a lot of plans swimming around in my head, but it is all pleasant things that I love to do. I'm even thinking of catching an afternoon movie this afternoon. The weather is much cooler, with a high of 80 degrees, and it even rained a little. I'm on my way out to the estate now to check on the flowers and the tomatoes.

George emailed from Hawaii that his laptop has email and an internect connection and so he is all set. It is fun to be able to talk about the small stuff. He has visited Hilo Hatties, the famous souvenir shop, and says he gets a shell lei and a free glass of orange juice every time he goes there. I gave him a list of things he might look for: baskets, shell bracelets, a gift for son and daughterinlaw, tea pots, Kona coffee, and dried pineapple. We enjoy the small stuff. Of course, if he buys the Kona coffee, that will probably wipe out the souvenir fund, since it costs $27 a pound or something atrocious like that. But, boy it is delicious! George doesn't even drink coffee, the poor dear.

So the day stretches out before me like an untraveled road and I'm happy as a clam here in my house. George is happy in Hawaii, the work is going well, and his trip may be extended another week. I told him to go for it, and enjoy himself. "Slurp a couple of Mai Tais" I wrote, "just don't venture far from your room while you drink them."

Things are just fine here at home. Have a great day.